Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
Candidate would be responsible for solution design for Abbott’s Global Data Network. This position will serve as the technical lead for projects involving complex planning for all Abbott sites including acquisition/divestiture activities as well as provide Level IV support for Implementation and Operations. The candidate will lead feasibility studies of new technologies, detailed design creation, and proposal preparation for network engineering related initiatives. Responsible for timely interaction with customers of the platform, peer technologists, and senior management. The ideal candidate will have experience in routing/ switching, WAN/MPLS/VPN, SD-WAN, Cisco ACI, WLAN, Load Balancing, security infrustracture,and Zscaler.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design large scale enterprise WAN, LAN, WLAN including routers, switches, firewalls, and other network related hardware.
- Defines, plans and designs innovative enterprise Network infrastructure solutions.
- Define requirements in support of budget plans and make recommendations for ways to improve performance, reduce costs, and meet business requirements.
- Defines the architecture and product standards for the Network Engineering Organization.
- Evaluates and identifies opportunities for network performance and functionality improvement within the enterprice network.
- Participate in the development efforts to bring automation into the network environment.
- Responsible for compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and industry best practices.
- Successfully negotiate technical design and deployment strategy with key stakeholder and consumers of the service.
- Serve as the platform technical subject matter expert and provide consulting support to the business and end-user organizations.
- Produce and maintain timely, accurate engineering documentation to support implementation, operations support and quality/compliance requirements.
- Frequently interacts with supplier technical staff including product development and engineering teams.
- Partners with Abbott’s Cybersecurity organization in conducting security and vulnerability assessments to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and adherence to best practices.
- Integrates technical expertise with communication, leadership and business skills in a team environment.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, while adhering to deadlines
- Demonstrates mastery of the concepts and theory of network security, and possess adept knowledge of data networking, including expertise in switching, routing, directory services, and TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of encryption protocols, as well as means for compromising systems based on known vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrates a strong customer centric approach and excellent communications skills.
- Supports Abbott global data network operations support staff worldwide.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and makes architecture roadmaps and or recommendation based on these trends.
Minimum Education & Experience
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunication, or other related field – or combination of experience / education.
Preferred: MS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Telecommunications. Active Certifications: CISSP, CCNP, CCSE, CCIE.
5+ years of Networking experience.
Experience / Training Needed
- 5-7 years nertwork experience with multinational enterprises of 5000+ users.
- 5-7 years designing enterprise scale routing and switching environments, MPLS / VPN, WLAN, intrusion prevention, cloud security, firewalls, monitoring tools, network topologies, load balancing, and WAN acceleration / QoS.
- Prior experience engineering solutions at the network level for Acquisition / Separation activity.
- Experience in healthcare related industries is a plus.
*** Experience with the following products / environments preferred:
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Cisco/ Viptel SDWAN or SDWAN technologies is a plus
- Riverbed WAN Optimizers
- Cisco ASA
- Check Point Firewalls
- Citrix Netscaler
- F5 Load Balancer (GTM and LTM)
- Cisco ACI
- Cisco Wireless
- API Based Automation
JOB FAMILY:IT Services & Solutions Delivery
DIVISION:GIS Global Information Services
LOCATION:United States > Abbott Park : AP14/A/B Floor-1
TRAVEL:Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf