Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
The Energy Center Operator is responsible for providing all utilities for the Tipp City site, including electric, water, steam, compressed air, refrigeration, air conditioning and fire protection and to operate and perform routine maintenance on Energy Center equipment. The incumbent must be able to perform all duties with minimal or no supervision.
High school diploma/GED,
MUST HAVE: 4 years of work related energy center operations and maintenance experience and a 3rd Class State of Ohio Stationary Engineer's License.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Operates Energy Center equipment and related control systems; i.e., gas boilers, air compressors, chillers, cooling towers, water treatment systems, fire protection system, and
- Waste Water Pre-treatment plant
- Performs various chemical tests on steam and water systems such as hardness, conductance, alkalinity, pH, etc. Using the test results, maintains proper control of different steam and water systems to assure efficient Energy Center operation and provide high quality utilities for the site.
- Performs routine maintenance in Energy Center systems and equipment such as boilers, chillers, air compressors, steam systems, water softeners, pumps. and HVAC systems
- Uses computer-based DMACS control system for both utility and HVAC control systems, and Lotus Notes.
Experience is required due to nature of the staffing schedule currently, this hired operator is the only maintenance/operations person on site for about 70% of the time, including the night shifts and weekends. An experienced operator is required.
Four years related experience is defined as operating and maintaining energy center type equipment such as boilers, refrigeration, air compressors, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and electronic control systems in a similar environment or performing tasks similar to, or the same as, those required in this position. Must be able to diagnose and repair the problem without shutting the site down or jeopardizing site operations such as MIS or R&D.
Accountability / Scope/Budget:
Proper operation of the utility systems at Tipp City are essential in operating the equipment efficiently and safely. Improper operation can have an adverse effect on the site utility budget and could result in costly damage to the equipment.
On a continuous basis, this position must coordinate with all site operations the usage of steam, water, compressed air and any other utility systems to avoid utility shortages or outages that could stop or jeopardize their operation. Works under minimal or no direct supervision.
JOB FAMILY:Facilities & Maintenance
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States > Tipp City : Main/Liquid Plant
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Exposure to temperatures below 60 degrees Fahrenheit/16 degrees Celsius or above 85 degrees Fahrenheit/28 degrees Celsius on a regular basis, Wear ear plugs, Work in confined spaces, Work in noisy environment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf