Description du poste
3M is seeking a Lab Operations Leader for the Automotive & Aerospace Solutions Division Laboratory, located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
Job Summary :
The person hired for this position will support the Unified Strategic Testing Organization within the Automotive & Aerospace Solutions Division. The person will be responsible for completing projects and tasks to support core lab activities such as product development and customer support across several business groups within the division.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Maintaining and upgrading lab equipment and building utilities through coordination with Plant Engineering, Division Engineering and external vendors.
· Managing calibrated equipment across multiple division lab sites; act as Lead Equipment Calibration Coordinator and key contact point for 3M Metrology & other external providers.
· Reviewing task requests for proper documentation & procedures; log requests and track progress; communicate feedback to requestors.
· Coordinating training & maintain training logs for test procedures & equipment operation.
· Managing testing & calibration related quality management system documents; ensure documentation is ready for external audits against ISO 9001, IATF 16949 and AS 9100 standard requirements.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Possess a High school diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
· Minimum of three (3) years combined laboratory, manufacturing, and/or testing environment experience within a private, public, government or military environment
· Minimum of one (1) year of Microsoft Word and Excel experience
· Associates/Two (2) Year Technical degree or higher from an accredited institution
· Experience working with lab equipment and utilities
· Calibration coordinator experience, ability to read & interpret calibration certificate results
· Quality management documentation maintenance, updating or creation of new documentation systems
· Experience with ISO, Automotive (IATF), or Aerospace (AS) quality compliance standards
· Experience working with a diverse team including external partners
· Familiarity with 3M testing systems & Industry standards governing materials durability and performance
· Detail oriented, multi-tasking and ability to prioritize & execute
· Hands on attitude
· Strong oral and written communication skills
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: Is not anticipated
Relocation: Is not authorized
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).